Fast forward to December. Man, we were rolling along. We had a great Thanksgiving week (with a surprise, uber-concise restriction on Thanksgiving Eve, if you recall), and were headed to the end of the year in grand fashion. Good beers, holiday gifts, and the like were all coming around.
Then just last week we were ordered to head back to Yellow phase-style restrictions: dine-in service was to cease until January 4th, carry-out and outdoor seating would still be available. The roller coaster ride continues as we all attempt to not sink heading into 2021.
Where the rubber meets the road
As the holiday season rapidly comes to a close, I'll speak for all local Erie businesses inside and out of our immediate industry - BUY LOCAL STUFF. It's very possible that with a cold winter coming, and a dim outlook on first quarter already in our projections, a lot of Erie businesses won't make it out of this alive. Sure, there's a vaccine headed our way, which is great news. But the majority of our friends and neighbors won't get it for a while, and even when they do get it, their consumer confidence will have been so shaken it's possible it won't matter. We've all fought tooth and nail to get this far, it feels like there's this one last hill to overcome and we can keep on fighting the good fight.
Keep your neighbors' businesses alive - buy gift cards to use later. Purchase something through a local business' website and let them ship it to you, or call ahead for curbside pick-up. Schedule delivery of their products if they offer that service. It really, really matters, because you have the power to vote with your dollars. All local businesses need your vote to survive the winter.
The rest of 2020 looks like this for us at EAW:
- Taproom hours have changed to: Thursday - Friday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Each Wednesday through 2020, we'll pop up at Like My Thai from 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- We team up with Radius CoWork for a Virtual Festivus on December 23rd, complete with an online airing of grievances, a wonderful Festivus pole, and feats of strength
- New merch is showing up soon, zip up hoodies and beanies to keep you warm
- Wednesday, December 30th we're teaming up with Give a Crepe and Tipsy Bean for a December Take-out Dinner that'll knock your socks off
We're all working to keep cool stuff is in the works like usual, so please consider your local businesses if you've not purchased gifts, or better yet, want to purchase MORE gifts for your friends and family. Thanks for being cool, we all really appreciate it!